You can have Boston donuts using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Boston donuts
- Prepare 2-1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 envelope of dry active yeast (7gm).
- You need 3/4 cup of milk (warm).
- It’s 3 Tbs of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 Tbs of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of shortening.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Boston donuts step by step
- Activate the yeast with the milk at 115 f. For 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl put all the dry ingredients and mix them well.
- In other bowl put the yeast and the egg and whisk it well for a minute.
- Add the melted butter and the shortening and whisk it for another minute.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet one on 2 times.
- Dough it for 6 minutes with the mixer,Dough it for about 15 to 20 minutes Until it comes a smooth dough and non stick in your hands.
- Wrap the bowl for 3 hours and keep it in a warm place.
- Then shape it and keep it to rise for other 1/2 an hour to an hour.
- Fry it in a deep oil 5 cm in depth at 119 c degree.
- Ps : you can keep it a rectangle shape and fill it with custard or any jam and put your favourite topping.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.