Italian Sausage and Peppers Sandwich.
You can cook Italian Sausage and Peppers Sandwich using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage and Peppers Sandwich
- You need 2 large of green peppers.
- Prepare 2 large of onions.
- Prepare 1 packages of Johnsonville italian sausage (you can choose between spicy or mild).
- It’s 1 pinch of black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 packages of hero rolls.
- You need 1 packages of whatever sauce you like.
- You need 1 packages of mayonnaise.
Italian Sausage and Peppers Sandwich step by step
- heat up your stove, use a griddle if you have one, it'll make nice grill marks on the sausage.
- coat the griddle with oil or cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- unpack the sausages and split them in the middle before putting it on the grill. do not split it all the way, keep both sausages connected(the flat side should go on the bottom) splitting it cooks faster and the sausages wont curl at the ends when grilling.
- in a frying pan or skillet, turn the stove on and drizzle oil at the bottom.
- slice your green pappers and onions thinly and in circles so you have rings. add it to the pan when the oil is ready.
- the sausages take about 10 minutes to fully cook. after 5 minutes, flip the sausage over so the other side can cook.
- add the pinch of black pepper, paprika, seasoned salt to the pan of green peppers and onions and keep stirring it until it wilts down.
- slice your hero rolls and spread mayonaise on both sides. toast it on the griddle on both sides.
- split the sausage into 2 and put it in the hero. add whatever sauce you like, ketchup, mustard, buffalo, bbq etc.
- add a portion of the vegetables to your sandwich. enjoy!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.