Pork Egg Rolls.
You can cook Pork Egg Rolls using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork Egg Rolls
- It’s 1 pound of ground pork.
- You need 4 of scallions diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 of cabbage head (2 lbs.) thinly sliced.
- It’s 3-4 of carrots grated or peeled.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of light brown sugar packed.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten for egg wash.
- You need 1 package of egg roll wrappers (16-20).
Pork Egg Rolls step by step
- Add ground pork to a large pot. Do not add oil or butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continually stir and break up the pork cooking the pork until there is no pink. Stir in garlic, scallions and ginger and cook for 2 additional minutes..
- Remove pork mixture and drain off fat..
- In a bowl mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar and brown sugar. Add cabbage and carrots to the pot that you used to cook the pork. Add the sauce to the pot and heat while constantly stirring. Cook until the cabbage and carrots have softened slightly, approximately 5-10 minutes..
- Add back in the strained pork. Mix thoroughly for a couple of minutes, then remove and strain out liquid. Periodically stir the mixture to help remove the liquid. This is very important as you do not want soggy egg rolls. Let the mixture cool down so you can handle it..
- Once cool, scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture onto an egg roll wrapper. Take the bottom of the wrapper and cover the filling while tucking under. Try to keep a tight roll. Roll the wrapper until you pass the mid point. Now fold the 2 sides over and press on top..
- Brush on the egg wash to the top triangle of the wrapper. Finish rolling the wrapper. Repeat until you run out of pork filling or egg roll wrappers. Note: there are some good videos on the internet on how to roll the egg rolls..
- I used a deep fryer at 350°F to fry the egg rolls for 2 minutes. Remove to a rack to drain and cool..
- Serve with duck sauce or other dipping sauce and enjoy..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.