Soft Baked Pretzels.
You can have Soft Baked Pretzels using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soft Baked Pretzels
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 pkg of dry active yeast (1/4 tsp).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter, softened.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1.5 cups of warm water.
- It’s to taste of Coarse salt,.
- You need to taste of Sesame seeds,.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter melted.
Soft Baked Pretzels step by step
- Warm the milk in the microwave for 45 seconds or until warm.(but not hot) stir in your yeast and set aside 4 min..
- Pour your milk mixture into a large bowl and mix in your brown sugar using spoon (I just used a wooden spoon) once mixed in, stir in 1 cup of the flour until just combined.
- Add your softened butter along with the remaining 1 1/4 cup flour and salt. Mix by hand until it all comes together.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for about 6 min..
- Bring together in a big ball and place into a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap.Set aside to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- After an hour: punch the dough then divide into 6-8 pieces for large pretzels..
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix the 1.5 cups water and baking soda in a shallow bowl or dish..
- Roll out each piece using palms into long tubes (about 12 inches) then form into shape..
- Dip each pretzel in the baking soda water than place on lightly greased baking sheet..
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and your sesame seeds (or poppyseeds or anything else you want to top the pretzels with).
- Bake in oven for 11 minutes..
- Once out of the oven, brush with the melted butter. Enjoy!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.