Crunchy tomato couscous.
You can cook Crunchy tomato couscous using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crunchy tomato couscous
- It’s of Hydrating the couscous.
- You need 1 cup of couscous.
- You need 1 cup of Good quality chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare of salsa.
- You need 1 medium of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 piece of Ripe tomatoes chop them in small cubes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tomato pure.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Crunchy tomato couscous step by step
- Bring the broth to boil and pour it in a bowl with the cous cous. Leave it covered with a lid or plastic wrap for 10 min..
- In a medium pan add 2 tbs of olive oil and the onion, cook it until the onion becomes soft and transparent. Then add the sugar, tomato pure and the diced tomatos. Season to taste with salt and pepper let it cook for 5 minutes..
- Mix the couscous and salsa adjust seasoning if necessary..
- In a medium pan melt the butter with 1tbs olive oil leave all the surface of the pan covered with this. Pour the couscous and spread it around and flatten pushing not very hard in order to get the cous cous snug and tight around with the back of a spoon. Let it cook covered under very low fire for 10 or 15 min until the sides look dried up. When you are ready to eat it turn it over and enjoy..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.