Boston brown bread.
You can have Boston brown bread using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Boston brown bread
- It’s 1 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 cup of sifted rye flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of graham flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of molasses.
- You need 13/4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of baking powder.
Boston brown bread instructions
- Sift dry ingredients together, stir in molasses and milk..
- Blend well.
- Fill well-greased molds two-thirds full, place greased covers on mold and steam about 3 hours..
- Remove cover, bake 15 minutes in 350 degree f. Oven to dry..
- Will make 3 loaves..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.