Uncle Johns mouth watering meatloaf recipe from San Francisco!.
You can have Uncle Johns mouth watering meatloaf recipe from San Francisco! using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Uncle Johns mouth watering meatloaf recipe from San Francisco!
- It’s 1 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of bread crumbs day old is best.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery chopped fine.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped fine.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of chopped parsley (or 1 Tbsp dried).
- You need 1/2 tsp of chopped fresh thyme (1/4 dried).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
Uncle Johns mouth watering meatloaf recipe from San Francisco! step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease large loaf pan. Heat butter in a skillet saute onions and celery until transparent, but not brown. About 3 minutes. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, dribble milk over bread crumbs. Stir, let stand until crumbs have absorbed evenly. Add all other ingredients except bay mix well. leaves, and mix well. With the hands is best..
- Place bay leaves on bottom of pan. Form meat into a loaf and shape – place in pan. Bake for one and a half to two hours or until a roast meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees..
- Remove from oven and let rest for five minutes. Remove inner pan and let drain several seconds. Turn loaf onto warm serving platter. Remove bay leaves and slice. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Enjoy!.
- This is a scrumptious recipe. Make this for a special occasion or a very special person. You will not regret it!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.