Thick New York Style Cheesecake. Generously coat inside of pan with butter. Using an electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until blended.
Anyone that is familiar with the white dense almost crumbly cheesecake of NY and is looking for that recipe should pass this one by. This recipe produces more of a heavy cheesecake custard (I should have known with all the eggs) and in my opinion has kind of an "off" flavor that I can't quite. Pour enough hot water in the roasting pan to come about halfway up the side of the foil-wrapped springform pan. You can have Thick New York Style Cheesecake using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thick New York Style Cheesecake
- Prepare of Crust.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of crushed graham crackers (about 12).
- It’s 5 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need of Cheesecake.
- Prepare 4 blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese (32 oz, get name brand if possible it makes a world of difference) room temp.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of vanilla.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest.
- You need 2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (do not use bottle doesn’t taste the same).
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
Bake until the top of the cheesecake is lightly browned around the edges, but the. In a food processor, pulse graham crackers with salt and sugar to fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse until fully incorporated. Next wrap the springform pan with one large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, covering the underside of the pan and extending all the way to the top.
Thick New York Style Cheesecake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, wrap a 9 inch springform pan bottle and outside walls with heavy duty aluminum foil making sure seams covered tightly, spray inside with pam.
- In a mixing bowl mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until combined.
- Press crust mixture on bottom of pan and slightly up edges as even as possible and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take crust out and turn oven down to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl beat room temp cream cheese, sugar and flour on medium until smooth. Scrape the sides then add lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and vanilla beating on low until combined. Scrapes sides again adding one egg at a time at low speed until combined, scraping the bowl between eggs if needed. Hand mix in sour cream..
- In a large roasting pan (disposable are great for this!) place the spring form pan with crust in center, and carefully pour cheesecake batter into the pan. Poor boiling water around roasting pan careful to not get any in the cheesecake pan until the water is 1 inch up the side..
- Put in oven carefully to not splash any water into cheesecake pan. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Check cheesecake to be done, should be golden/brown on top and wobble but not liquidy..
- Remove pan carefully from oven and set to side to cool (keep in water bath) for an hour. Remove from water bath after an hour, remove aluminum foil, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerator overnight (8 hours) before eating.
Repeat with another sheet of foil for insurance. The Richest and Creamiest New York-Style Cheesecake I've Ever Made. adapted from Good Housekeeping Illustrated Book of Desserts. In the body of a blender or food processor combine graham crackers, sugar, and salt; blend until the crackers have been completely pulsed to crumbs. Eric's Best New York Style Cheesecake. This New York Cheesecake rivals the best!
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.